HSAC promotes and facilitates collaboration and information sharing among social service providers and community agencies. It is a private, non-profit organization that has been working to advance and celebrate social services since 1988.
Our members represent diverse agencies within Macon County and the surrounding area that share the common goal of improving human services and community life.
The purpose of HSAC, a voluntary association of human service and community agencies in Decatur and Macon County, is to promote common goals by sharing ideas, clarifying communications, identifying needs and resources, promoting skills development (i.e. training opportunities) and promoting public awareness of accomplishments in the human service field. HSAC is organized and operated solely for charitable educational, religious or scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
HSAC promotes collaborative efforts that benefit community residents and strengthen human services by:
- Providing a forum for information exchange and agency collaboration through monthly meetings.
- Recognizing outstanding agencies and individuals who address our community's human service needs.
- Developing a vision for coordinated delivery of human services to Macon County citizens.
- Working at the division level to identify important human service issues and to improve the quality of life in our community.
- Disseminating information via email and on our website important to social service agencies on a timely basis.